Do you want to get smarter about using content marketing to grow your business?
His third book is full of practical tips that are integrated with solid marketing discipline. It’s easy-to-read, has lots of examples, and contains “how to” implementation steps.
Whether you’re an up-and-comer marketer or a skilled practitioner, there’s something to strengthen your marketing tool kit in this book.
4 NUGGETS PLUS 5TH BONUS TO GET YOU STARTED
1. Content Marketing Definition. “Your customers don’t care about you, your products, or your services. They care about themselves. their wants, and their needs. Content marketing is about creating interesting information your customers are passionate about so they actually pay attention to you.“
2. Difference Between Content and Content Marketing. “What makes content marketing different from simple content is that content marketing must do something for the business. It must inform, engage or amuse with the objective of driving profitable customer action.”
3. The Six Principles of Epic Content Marketing. “Remember that the goal with content is to “move” the customer in some way.”
- Fill a Need.
- Be Consistent.
- Be Human.
- Have a Point of View.
- Avoid “Sales Speak.”
- Be Best of Breed.
4. Critical Factor For Success. Develop a Content Marketing Mission Statement, which has three key components:
- The core audience
- What material will be delivered to the audience
- The outcome for the audience
5. Bonus. For more strategic tips on getting started, read this blog post from digital marketing expert Rhonda Hurwitz: 8 Essential Strategies to Create Content That Converts.
There’s an overload of buzz about content marketing, but if you want to get smart and understand how to implement it to grow your business, read Epic Content Marketing by Joe Pulizzi.
Harvey Chimoff is a marketing and business team leader who drives performance in consumer products and manufacturing companies.